Eligibility Rules & Requirements
To be eligible for an audition and to participate in the Latin Talent Search, you must meet the following eligibility requirement terms and conditions:
- You must be a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S resident. You must be able to prove your citizenship or residency.
- You must be at least thirteen (12) years of age by June 26th, 2014 and at most twenty-three (23) years of age. You must be able to prove your age with a valid government issued form of identification (for example, a photo ID).
- If you are planning on attending one of our Open Call Auditions at a venue, you must have your parent or legal guardian complete the Waiver of Liability & Release and Consent Form. Please find form here. If you cannot attend an Open Call Audition, you can submit an online video audition. By submitting an online video audition, you are agreeing to the Video Audition terms and conditions found on this page and in our Release and Consent Form. Please review and agree to the terms and conditions on our Release and Consent forms before you submit a video audition. If you have any questions, please send us a message.
- Artists, parents, and legal guardians must be responsible for their own travel expenses.
- Finalists will be required to attend an event in San Diego, California, on or about April 30, 2015 to be eligible to win a special recording contract with a record label. Exact date, time, and location to be announced on a later date.
- Eligible individuals may submit a Audio Recording(s) or Video Submission(s) by creating and submitting your audio recordings or videos of up to two (2) minutes of singing one song of your choice and another song of our choice, which you can choose from our list here.
- The audio and video submission period begins on the February 1, 2015 and ends on the May 31, 2015.
- There are three ways to submit a Video audition during the entry period:
(a) Via YouTube: Post your video from your YouTube account and include the titles of your songs and your full name in the description or in the title. Enter using only a Youtube account registered in your name.
(b) Via Vimeo: Post your video from your Vimeo account and include the titles of your songs and your full name in the the description or in the title. Enter using only a Vimeo account registered in your name.
(c) Via DailyMotion: Post your video from your DailyMotion account and include the titles of your songs and your full name in the the description or in the title. Enter using only a DailyMotion account registered in your name.
All audio recordings and video entries must adhere to the video submission requirements rules, entry requirements, and entry restrictions specified below.
- There are two ways to submit an Audio recording audition during the entry period:
(a) Via Email: Record yourself with your phone or a microphone. Email your audio recording directly from your phone or computer and include the titles of your songs and your full name in the description or in the title. After you register, we will send you an email. Please send your audio recording to email address designated in the email we send you. (b) Via SoundCloud: Record yourself with your phone or a microphone. Upload your audio recording from your SoundCloud account and include the titles of your songs and your full name in the description or in the title.
- Audition Entry Limit: You may submit more than one audio recording or video; however, each audio recording or video entry must be unique and different from any other audio recording or video entry you submit. If required information is not included, your audio recording or video submission will be disqualified.
- Content Requirements: You may capture the video yourself, or you may have another person capture the video. All artists warrant and represent that the audio recording or video is original and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, and is suitable for public viewing. By submitting an audio recording or video entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the audio recording or video.
- How winners will be selected: Audio Recordings and Video Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges and producers who will evaluate each video entry based on the following judging criteria: Originality (voice, singing style and/or look, if applicable), overall artistic impression, audience appeal, and entertainment quality.
- General Conditions: All artists are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. All artists will be required to complete, sign, and submit a Release Form, Affidavit of Eligibility, and a Liability Release. Failure to comply with any of these requirements or rules may result in disqualification. If for any reason the Latin Talent Search is unable to or not capable of running as planned, Latin Talent Search reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the talent search. Further, Latin Talent Search reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the video entry audition process or the operation of the talent search; (b) violating any of the official requirements and rules; or (c) acting in an inappropriate way or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Artists agree that Latin Talent Search has the sole right to decide who qualifies and who does not and that all the decisions and judgments of Latin Talent Search are final and binding. The audition process is also subject to and governed by all local, state, and national laws.
- The foregoing eligibility requirements and rules may be amended, revised or changed at any time and in any fashion at our sole discretion.