Video Audition in 3 Easy Steps!
- Email us your Resume, listing your experience, education, and talent specifications (height, hair color, eye color, age, etc.). Include with resume at least 3 quality head shots. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record yourself singing two (2) songs. Please sing at least one (1) chorus and one (1) verse for each song. You don't have to memorize the lyrics; you can read the lyrics off your phone or paper. Please make sure the instrumentals of the songs are quietly playing in the background. See below for more advice for a great video audition.
- Finally, the best part: Sending us your Video Audition. You can email it directly to us from your phone or computer. Send it to email@example.com. You can also upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion. Include the titles of your songs and your full name in the description or in the title. Notify us by emailing us the HTML link of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for a GREAT VIDEO AUDITION
BEFORE YOU RECORD
- Song choice is everything!!!! So many contestants on television talent contests (American Idol, the Voice, X Factor, etc.) get eliminated because of poor song choice. Just because you can sing a certain type of song doesn't mean it's the best one for you. Generally, don't choose a song that is too sad or depressing unless you can really convey the emotions in your voice. It is safer to choose an up beat, jovial, sing-along Pop song that is played on the radio.
- Master a song that is in your voice range. There are 3 voice types: (1) Baritone / Bass (like Frank Sinatra), (2) Tenor (in general, most people are in this vocal category), (3) Alto / Soprano (like Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake). If you are a baritone, don't sing a song that requires a soprano voice.
- We aren't simply looking for a singer; we need somebody who can express feelings and emotions -- the story behind the song!
- Embrace and seek a great pop song. Avoid being cliche. Only sing Justin Timberlake or Adam Levine if you're just as good. Pick a song that you know won't be the 500th time your judge has heard it that day. If that's the case, you'll be compared to everyone else on two different levels.
- We Producers don't have to know the song. In fact, it may be better if we don't.
- Remember: We need you to sing one song of our choice and one song of your choice. The song of our choice can be any song from our List of Producer Approved Songs list. The song of your choice can be from our list, but doesn't have to be.
- A good pop song doesn't mean that One Direction or Justin Beiber sang it. There have been many artists, young and old, who have sang fantastic pop songs. Please see our List of Producer Approved Songs.
- Make sure the lighting is good so we can see you clearly. Being able to see your face clearly is very important.
- Pick a Good Outfit: It's a good thing to stand out from the crowd. We want to see your personality. Style and personality are so important! A good standard is to "dress as the pop star you admire or want to be like." Please do not wear anything inappropriate; sometimes you stand out more just being yourself and by not trying too hard.
Read, review, and understand our Video Audition Rules, Regulations and Eligibility Requirements. By submitting a video audition, you agree to be bound by Latin Talent Search's Terms and Conditions, and you agree to be bound by the following rules and the decisions of our panel of judges, which shall be final and binding.